This guide will show you how to use Football Competition Management System to import a fixture.
Step A: Set-up the Competition
Step B: Prepare the Import File
Step C: Perform the Import
After logging into the system, select Competitions on the left-hand side and go through the steps to create a competition.
User Guides on each Competition type can be found below:
Round Robin Competition - here
Group Stage Competition - here
Knock Out Competition - here
Ensure Stage Status remains set to 'Draft'. A Fixture Import is not able to be performed if the Stage Status is changed to 'Scheduled'.
Select the stage where you want to import those fixtures, then select the Fixtures tab.
Select on Team Grid and populate teams to specific slots, which will be used in a template.
Template files can be found attached to the bottom of this page.
You are also able to adjust a copy of an import file that you have successfully used previously (be careful to ensure that Excel does not automatically change the format of the dates if you are opening a .csv file).
The Import file you use must be populated with data that complies with the following requirements:
- Match number: This should be a different number for each match
- Round number: If teams play each other twice you would have only '1' and '2' in this column
- Match Day number: If there are 18 Match Days/Weeks, you would list them 1 to 18
- Match date time: Format must be yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm (24 hour format)
- Home team: This must be spelled
Competition Management under 'Team Name'
- Away team: This must be spelled Competition Management under 'Team Name'
- Home team slot number: Populated with a number matching the slot that the team was assigned to in the Team Grid (Step 3 above),
- Away team slot number:
- Venue: If including Venues as part of Import, the Venue Name must be spelled identically to what is listed in Competition Management
- Venue ID: This can be ignored as part of the import (this would be populated in this file if you had performed an 'Export' of a Competition with assigned Venues)
Please ensure the completed file is saved as a CSV type file (using UTF-8 encoding).
If you have additional setting options when saving the file, ensure that the file delimiter is the comma ( , ) character.
Within the Competition select the Import button. Here you can select to upload the file saved in Step 5 and select to import again.
If you do not get any error messages your fixtures are successfully imported.
If the outcome of the import is not as you anticipated, you are able to make adjustments to the import file and perform the import again; it will overwrite the previous import.
Import File Templates
Please find the following files attached below:
- Fixture Import - Blank Template.xlsx - please download and enter your fixture details as per the requirements described in Step 5 above. Remember to save a copy as a .csv file to import when you are done.
- Fixture Import - Example.csv - to refer to as an example of a completed import file for a 15-team round-robin competition.