This information is to guide the Member Association on how to add a discipline rule to competition within the Competition Management System.
1. Edit Discipline Settings
Once a competition is created, navigate to the Discipline tab.
Under the page, you will be able to see the overview of the existing discipline rules of the competition. To add a new discipline rule, click on the Edit button and a new tab Discipline Settings will appear on the top navigation panel.
2. Add Rule
Once you are in the editing mode, start adding a new discipline role by clicking on Add Rule.
3. Complete the Rule Details and Save
Then fill in the following details of the discipline rule:
- Offender Type: Player or Team Official
- Number of Cards Collected
- Cards Type: Yellow or Red
- Card Counter Reset: Enable or Disable
- Number of Matches Suspended Counter Reset
- Disciplinary Committee review: required or not required
Number of Cards Collected means number of Cards required to trigger a suspension (i.e. 4 Yellow Cards will trigger a 1 Match Suspension
Card Counter Reset - enable this if Yellow Card Rule is the same throughout the season, for example if 4 yellow cards always equals a 1 match suspension then select to enable card counter reset.
If Competition Rule (for example is 4 Yellow Cards = equals a 1 match suspension, however if same player receives an additional three yellow cards that will equal a 2 match suspension, than Card Counter Reset must be disabled and a second yellow rule of 7 yellow cards equals 2 match suspension to be created
4. Discipline Settings
The discipline settings enable the Competition Manager to create discipline rules which will determine after how many red/yellow cards a player/official will be suspended. To add a rule select the Add Rule button. To save the rule select the Check mark button and Select Submit to advance.
Example of rules:
- A player shall be suspend for the next match after receiving 3 yellow cards (in 3 different matches):
- A player shall be suspended for the next match after receiving a any red card (second yellow or straight red):
After filling out the details of the Discipline Rule, select on the "tick" to save the rule.