This guide will show you how to use Football Competition Management System to import members. This function is only accessible by the 'Competition Manager' and 'Regional Competition Manager' roles.
This file import process is for users of FCMS that do not have FIFA Connect.
For Member Associations who are currently using FIFA Connect, it is required that all registrations are done via FIFA Connect.
This file import process can be used for importing members into Clubs, Representatives and National Teams.
Step A: Prepare the Import File
Step B: Perform the Import
After logging into the system, select Members on the left-hand side, select CREATE MEMBER from the drop-down list and select Import.
Select cells A1&A2 and go to Data > Text to Columns > choose Delimited, click Next button.
Add checkbox Other and add ; (semicolon). You will see data will be split by columns. Click Next and Finish buttons.
Your new format should split into its required columns and appear like in the screenshot below.
Members that can be imported
- MATCH_OFFICIAL (Referee)
- TEAM_OFFICIAL (Head Coach, Assistant Coach, Team Manager, Assistant Manager, Kinesiologist, Physical Trainer, Technical secretary, Doctor, GK Coach, Kit Manager, Massage Therapist, Physiotherapist, Psychologist, Team Medic, Team Staff)
For columns clubTitle and role, the names need to match exactly 100% from FCMS (i.e. Flying Eagles Football Club U21, Physiotherapist, Psychologist, Team Medic etc).
- localFirstName = First name in any language
- localFamilyName = Last name in any language
- firstName = International first name only in English
- familyName = International last name only in English
- popularName = Nickname (Optional field)
- dateOfBirth = Date of birth in yyyy-mm-dd format
- nationalCitizenship = 2-digit country code (i.e. JP, CN, KR, AZ, CG, HK, GB, FI etc)
- secondNationalCitizenship = 2-digit country code (Optional field)
- gender = MALE/FEMALE
- address = Address (Optional field)
- phone = Phone number (Optional field)
- email = Email address (Optional field)
- personType = PLAYER, REFEREE, MATCH_OFFICIAL or TEAM_OFFICIAL
- clubTitle = Club/Representative/National team name (Needs to be a 100% exact match from the entity name in FCMS)
- sportType = FOOTBALL, BEACHSOCCER, FUTSAL, RECREATIONAL etc
- height = Height (Optional field)
- weight = Weight (Optional field)
- preferred_foot = LEFT/RIGHT (Optional field)
- role = Head Coach, Assistant Coach, Team Manager, Assistant Manager, Kinesiologist, Physical Trainer, Technical secretary, Doctor, GK Coach, Kit Manager, Massage Therapist, Physiotherapist, Psychologist, Team Medic, Team Staff
- Headers highlighted in pink are mandatory
- Header highlighted in green is mandatory if personType is TEAM_OFFICIAL or MATCH_OFFICIAL
- If person is a TEAM_OFFICIAL, please input one of the following roles under role (Head Coach, Assistant Coach, Team Manager, Assistant Manager, Kinesiologist, Physical Trainer, Technical secretary, Doctor, GK Coach, Kit Manager, Massage Therapist, Physiotherapist, Psychologist, Team Medic, Team Staff)
- If person is a MATCH_OFFICIAL, please input the following role (Referee) under role as shown above
- Please ensure that dateOfBirth is in yyyy-mm-dd format
- Save the CSV file after filling up members' details
If you have non-English alphabet names (i.e. عربى , 한국어, 日本語 etc), please save your template as CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) (*.csv) as shown below.
Click on SELECT FILE and here you can upload the CSV file which you have saved in Step 4.
If you do not get any error messages your members are successfully imported.
When you use the search box, your newly imported members will be visible to you.
If the outcome of the import is not as you anticipated, you can make adjustments to the import file and perform the import again; it will overwrite the previous import.
Import File Template
If you are unable to download the template from the website, you can download it from here:
- Members Import - template.csv - Please download and enter your member details as per the requirements described in Step 4 above. Remember to save a copy as a .csv file to import when you are done.